WHAT'S ON in 2015
CASTLE HILL ESTATE - ACCOUNTS MANAGER
The post of Accounts Manager at Castle Hill will become vacant at the end of January 2015 on the retirement of the current incumbent after 46 years service. It is currently a part-time post and the hours worked are 8.30 a.m. until 5.00 p.m. on Mondays, and 8.30 a.m. till 1.00 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, total 21 hours per week.
Pay will be commensurate with experience but it is intended to base the salary on the annual rate of £20,000 - £22,000.
The Estate is a traditional let country estate which is divided into different Trusts and businesses. It is managed from the Estate Office at Castle Hill. Staff working from the Estate Office consists of the Managing Agent and Assistant Managing Agent, both employed by Savills and working at Castle Hill part-time. Additionally, there is a full-time Estate Secretary and part-time Events/Gardens Opening Manager.
Duties of the Accounts Manager
The accounting package used at the Estate is Accu-Man, which is an updated system based on the Hylton Nomis package.
Duties include :-
1. To set up the Estate’s income and expenditure budgets utilising information supplied by the Managing Agent.
2. To pay and code all Estate invoices whether by BACS or cheque, including the separation of private and business expenditure.
3. To administer the rent demands and account for the rents collected across the Estate and between differing Estate entities.
4. Provide the Managing Agent with debtor information and assist in the pursuit of outstanding rents.
5. To produce monthly cash flow reports showing variance against budget for both income and expenditure.
6. To carry out the weekly Bank reconciliation and report weekly on Estate bank balances.
7. To complete quarterly VAT returns, including partial exemption calculations.
8. Allocate investment income using information from Brokers and record all capital transactions.
9. Bank all cash receipts.
10. Administering a calendar reminder system to ensure all internal transactions are carried out in a timely manner.
11. Calculating Year End predictions on a P&L basis at the three quarter year point.
12. Pay private invoices for Lady Arran.
13. At the Year End preparing Draft Accounts and Estate Summary Sheets and liaising fully with the appointed Accountants to ensure that all necessary changes are made in a timed and efficient manner.
The successful applicant will have a background in accounting and have experience of this type of work. They will be highly numerate, discreet and conscientious and enjoy the challenge of maintaining meticulous financial records for this rural business.
CASTLE HILL CORKER
Sunday 22nd February 2015
Cross country run organised by the South Molton Strugglers around Castle Hill Estate. Details to be released soon.
Supporting the North Devon Hospice
Please click on the link below to find out details of how to enter
EASTER BUNNY HUNT
Monday 6th April 2015
Our annual Easter Bunny Hunt around the gardens. Follow the clues and win a chocolate prize. Refreshments available in the West Wing.
A fun family day in the beautiful gardens!
Further information to follow
OUTDOOR THEATRE PRODUCTIONS
Sunday 24th May
The Sorceror's Apprentice
5pm in the gardens
Tuesday 28th July
The Stink by David Walliams
5pm in the gardens
Thursday 20th August
The Pantaloons present
5pm in the gardens
Tickets available from The Plough Arts Theatre 01805 624624
or at the gate
Please bring picnics, family and friends and come and enjoy the gardens
23rd - 27th July 2015
After a hugely successful inaugurual festival year, Somersault is back - bigger and better and not to be missed.
Details to follow soon
Details of other events at Castle Hill will follow in due course.
Keep checking so you don't miss out.
Follow us on facebook and twitter to make sure you get all the latest news.